Make a Donation
There are many ways to support the James Renwick Alliance above and beyond membership. Gifts of all sizes keep the JRA strong and vibrant, supporting the ever growing American Craft movement through artist workshops, our Distinguished Artists Series, educational travel here and abroad, and through the JRA’s ongoing support of the Smithsonian’s Renwick Gallery, its craft related exhibitions and publications and its purchases for the permanent collection.
Unrestricted gifts go toward a wide range of needs, such as JRA’s educational programs, our support of the Smithsonian’s annual Fellows Program which has resulted in numerous scholarly publications greatly enriching the field. You can also target your gift to restricted funds that provide support for:
- The annual purchase of a piece of art for the Renwick permanent collection;
- The Distinguished Artists Series that every year brings four well-known and respected national and international artists to Washington for hands-on workshops and a public lecture at the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM);
- The Awards Program –JRA’s outreach to craft communities in the U.S. providing recognition to distinguished craft educators and practitioners through the biannual Distinguished Educators and Masters of the Medium awards;
- JRA Outreach programs focused on building the passion for American craft and art;
- The Chihuly Fund which supports publications
- The James Renwick Alliance named gallery at the Renwick
Gifts of all sizes help to keep the JRA strong and vibrant, offering invaluable opportunities to invest in the growth and importance of the American craft movement, as well as providing personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
No matter what its size, your gift will play an invaluable role in the future of American Craft.
For including the JRA in your will, for participation in the Annual Spring Craft Weekend Patrons’ program, for IRS roll-over gifts, gifts of stock or for setting up charitable giving vehicles such as unitrusts or charitable remainder trusts please call the JRA office at 301-907-3888 and speak to our Director Cicie Sattarnilasskorn.
The James Renwick Alliance is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. All gifts are fully tax deductible.